How do I love thee?……let me count the ways! For Valentine’s Day this year, I wanted to give my husband something a little more special than a card. So here’s what I came up with. I re-purposed a Stampin’ Up! round button box and filled it with a bunch of tags stating the various reasons why I love him. He was very touched and loved my little gift.
I’ve included the directions below in case you’d like to make something similar. I could see doing a set of tags for your kids or other loved ones and using each tag as a “coupon” good for a free car wash or to get out of chores for a night, etc. Or perhaps creating an I Spy game for long car rides. Or even writing the letters of the alphabet on the tags to help your young child learn the alphabet. The possibilities are endless.
Stamp set: love owl-ways; Inks: real red, chocolate chip, old olive, close to cocoa; Cardstock: real red, chocolate chip, old olive, whisper white; Embellishments: old olive wide grosgrain ribbon; Tools: circle scissors plus, modern label punch
Tag-Filled Button Box Tutorial
1) Start with an empty Stampin’ Up! round button box. You’ll want to peel off the parts of the label that extend over the sides of the box. You don’t have to remove the label off the top center as you’ll be covering it up.
2) Cut 3 circles using the Circle Scissors Plus or other circle-cutting tool.
- Two 2-1/4” circles
- One 2” circle
3) Adhere one of the larger circles to the top of the lid. You can then use the smaller circle to create a layered look (shown below in Step 6). Just be sure to do any stamping on the layers before you adhere them to the lid.
4) Now adhere the other larger circle to the bottom of the lid. This hides the label on the bottom side.
5) Fill the box with tags created with our modern label punch (or similar punch).
6) Place the lid on top of the box and tie wide grosgrain ribbon around it to keep it secured. Just slide the ribbon off the back to access the contents of the box. Finish decorating your box as desired.