The Clean and Simple Card challenge #50 over at SplitCoastStampers was to use the color teal on a card along with white and a third color of your choice. I decided to make a 3-D project instead of a card because it’s my blog and that’s how I roll! Actually, I’m not trying to be defiant, I just came across this Heart Candy Box template and couldn’t resist making one for myself immediately!
Stamp sets: holiday best hostess set, sweet swirls wheel; Inks: regal rose, taken with teal; Cardstock: taken with teal, regal rose, whisper white; Embellishments: whisper white taffeta ribbon, linen thread ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To make the Heart Candy Box:
1) Access the template HERE. You can print it out directly on your cardstock and cut it out on the solid lines OR print it out on scrap paper, cut it out, and trace around the cut-out. Fold on the dashed lines. Apply a line of Sticky Strip or other strong adhesive to the outside of one of the flaps.
2) Fold the cardstock into a box, remove the backing on the Sticky Strip adhesive, and adhere the two flaps together. You will end up with a heart-shaped box.
3) Decorate the outside of the box as desired.
To make the Spiral Confetti:
1) Cut thin strips from a piece of cardstock. Your cardstock should be a couple of inches longer than your box. If you want your confetti to be decorative, stamp on the cardstock before cutting your strips.
2) Take one end of your thin strips and wrap them around the end of a pen or pencil a couple of times. The ends will resemble a spiral when removed.
4) You can place the spiral confetti inside your box or package loosely OR place a little adhesive on the non-spiral end and adhere them inside.