The second technique in my Technique Class last month was Rolling Marbles. This technique results in a fun background. And it’s so easy….
1) Stick your cardstock to the inside of the lid of a clear, plastic sealable container (our plastic stamp cases work great for this) using a strip of adhesive.
2) Add a few drops of re-inker to the bottom of the inside of the container.
3) Drop in 2-3 marbles and close the lid of the container tightly.
4) Gently shake the container so the marbles roll & spin in the container, leaving a trail of re-inker on your cardstock. Flip the container upside down and continue to shake it until you get the desired look on your cardstock.
5) Open the container and remove your cardstock from the inside lid and use as desired.
For this card, we used the marbled cardstock as a background on the inside of one of our Fresh-Cut Notes notecards.
Stamp set: a little birthday cheer; Inks: crushed curry, basic black; Cardstock: whisper white, crushed curry, basic black, fresh-cut notes; Embellishments: basic black 1/4” grosgrain ribbon; Tools: circle punches